The Southeast Alaska Sailing Club Spring Party will be held on Friday May 5th from 6-8pm at the Sandy Beach log cabin shelter. Come join fellow sailors to learn about the sailing season or become a new sailor with the club. We will start the grills and be serving up some picnic food so come down and say hello and learn more about sailing and cruising in southeast Alaska.
To promote the appreciation of sailing and foster a community and culture committed to advancing both sailing and sailing education in the Juneau area.
The Nominations are in, now it's time to vote for the 2023 SEAS Board of Directors!
Members, please vote by 5 p.m. Wednesday, December 1.
- Commodore (current: David D'Amore)
- Presides at all meetings of the Club and Executive Board.
- Serves as the official representative of the Club.
- Signs all membership cards.
- Arranges for a review of the Club books and proposed operating budget during the month of January.
- Enforces the Bylaws of the Club.
- Vice Commodore (current: Sean Boily)
- Assists the Commodore in the discharge of his/her duties.
- Officiates at meetings in the event of the Commodore’s absence.
- Coordinates all races with the U.S. coast Guard.
- Oversees Club publicity including providing race results to local media.
- Treasurer (current: Brian Lieb)
- Prepares annual budget for Executive Board approval.
- Furnishes the Executive board with a financial report at each meeting.
- Collects for deposit and disburses Club money in payment of Club obligations using an interest bearing checking account and exercises responsible money management in maintaining the account.
- Provides the Commodore with a complete set of books during the month of January.
- Completes all tax reports required by government authorities.
- Submits signature card to the bank with appropriate signatures showing the Treasurer as primary signer and the other Executive Officers as alternates.
- Obtains renewal of Club registration with the Secretary of State.
- Secretary (Current: Craig Wilson)
- Prepares minutes of all Club meetings.
- Distributes copies of the minutes to the Executive Board Members and Club members on request.
- Sees that application forms are available for those interested in joining the Club.
- Completes annual membership cards and obtains signatures from Commodore.
- Collects and sorts Club mail.
- Maintains the Bylaws and makes them available to all members on request.
- At Large Board Member x 2 (2 2-year Terms for positions currently held by Anthony Crupi and Rick Edwards)
Please see the bylaws for descriptions of the responsibilities of each of these positions.
** You will not be able to vote if you are not a 2022 member in good standing. **
Southeast Alaska Sailing celebrates the beginning of the sailing season with our Spring Party. Sandy Beach Log Cabin shelter, Friday May 6 from 6-8pm. Please join us to learn more about sailing in Juneau, our race schedule, and connect with fellow sailors. We will be discussing the Buoy race on Saturday May 7 as part of the Martime Festival as well.
The April sailor talk will take place on Wednesday, April 13 from 6-8pm at the Forbidden Peak Brewery. We will cover racing rules for the upcoming season.