2019 Board Nominations
All current members of SEAS are eligible for nominations. Any member can be nominated to any board position. Feel free to nominate yourself if you are a member and interested in serving in a particular position.
Please submit your nominations by November 10. The nominations period was originally set to close November 1 but because that may not have been clear to all members it has been extended. Online election voting will open shortly after nominations close.
Here is a list of the people who had been nominated as of November 1 who have also affirmed that if elected they are willing to serve:
Commodore: Denise Wiltse
Vice Commodore: Dave D’Amore
Secretary: Hal Geiger, Lorna Wilson
Treasurer: Sean Boily
At Large Board Member: James Bibb, Steve Parker, Wade Rogers, Lorna Wilson
Here is more information about the positions for which nominations are being accepted:
- Commodore (current: Craig Wilson)
- Presides at all meetings of the Club and Executive Board.
- Serves as the official representative of the Club.
- Signs all membership cards.
- Arranges for a review of the Club books and proposed operating budget during the month of January.
- Enforces the Bylaws of the Club.
- Vice Commodore (current: Denise Wiltse)
- Assists the Commodore in the discharge of his/her duties.
- Officiates at meetings in the event of the Commodore’s absence.
- Coordinates all races with the U.S. coast Guard.
- Oversees Club publicity including providing race results to local media.
- Treasurer (current: vacant)
- Prepares annual budget for Executive Board approval.
- Furnishes the Executive board with a financial report at each meeting.
- Collects for deposit and disburses Club money in payment of Club obligations using an interest bearing checking account and exercises responsible money management in maintaining the account.
- Provides the Commodore with a complete set of books during the month of January.
- Completes all tax reports required by government authorities.
- Submits signature card to the bank with appropriate signatures showing the Treasurer as primary signer and the other Executive Officers as alternates.
- Obtains renewal of Club registration with the Secretary of State.
- Secretary (Current: Patti Harper)
- Prepares minutes of all Club meetings.
- Distributes copies of the minutes to the Executive Board Members and Club members on request.
- Sees that application forms are available for those interested in joining the Club.
- Completes annual membership cards and obtains signatures from Commodore.
- Collects and sorts Club mail.
- Maintains the Bylaws and makes them available to all members on request.
- At Large Board Member x 3 (2 2-year Terms for positions currently held by Jacob VanBaalen and Sean Boily and 1 1-year term to fill the remaining term of a vacant position)
Please see the bylaws for descriptions of the responsibilities of each of these positions.
** You will not be able to vote if you are not a 2018 member in good standing. **
NOTE: You can select multiple names for the at large positions by holding down the Control Key and clicking on the names you want to nominate.